FAT LOSS SEMINAR
Last month we held a Fat Loss Seminar. The seminar was taken by our very own John and William, who discussed the facts about losing weight!
Both John and William have extensive knowledge in personal training, weight loss and nutrition. John used to weigh 20 stone and now coaches people on how they can transform their lives and lose weight. William has been a personal trainer for 20 years and with family history of obesity, William has used his experience and knowledge to help hundreds of clients lose weight.
We will be holding another seminar with information, guidance and a chance for you to get your questions answered by the professionals.
In the meantime, for those of you who missed the seminar and are interested in finding out more, here’s a brief overview what was discussed.
CALORIES IN vs. CALORIES OUT
· If you eat less calories than you burn you will lose fat! Fact
· If you are not losing fat you are eating to much
· No one has ever been in an energy deficit and not lost fat!
· Tracking consumption is best way of knowing your in a deficit (but not 100% necessary)
· Everything you eat or drink counts!
· Slimming clubs, shake diets etc all put you in an unsustainable deficit!!!!
· What you eat does not matter for fat loss! ie Carbs do not make you fat!!!!
HOW TO TRACK CALORIES
USE AN APP
There are great apps there to help you track your Calories – a few of our favourites are My Fitness Pal and My Net Diary.
USE A SPREADSHEET
If technology isn’t your thing, simply use a spreadsheet to keep note of everything your eating and the calories they hold. If you’re not sure of the calories a food contains, feel free to ask any of our experts!
CHOOSE A METHOD TO SUIT YOU
Everyone is different and everyones lifestyle is different. There isn’t a one size fits all method. If you find it easy to have the same amount of calories, do that – or if you can’t live without your cheat day, make sure and limit your calories on the other days.
Focus on Getting Stronger and Fitter
Set Small Achievable Goals
Celebrate Small Victories
Don’t Lose Sight of Why You’re Doing It
HELP AND SUPPORT
Our team are always on hand to answer any questions you have. Don't be afraid to get in touch.